Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find a listing of some commonly asked questions about First Baptist Church...
- What should I expect if I attend a church service? - On Sunday at 9:30 am, we meet together for Sunday School and then at 10:30 we all gather together for worship. The song portion of our service lasts for about 30 minutes, while the remainder of the time is spent listening to the message God has for us. Our service lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- Is it okay to bring my children into the Worship service? - Yes, this is not a problem. Some young children may find it difficult to leave their parents in an unfamiliar setting. Yet we believe our children's ministry, in the long run, is the best place for helping the children learn more about God. We hope that families who begin to attend our church will come to appreciate the value of their children developing close friendships with their peers in the context of the local church. Our children's church is offered for children through second grade.
- What version of Bible the do you use? - We teach and preach from the New International Version but many of our people use the King James Version and other modern translations.
- What type of music can I expect to hear? - We sing many praise choruses as well as many of the traditional hymns and songs of the faith.
- Is there a dress standard at your church? - There is no specific dress code for those attending our service. We do however, teach and preach that our dress should honor the Lord and follow the Bible.
- How big is your church? - At the time of this writing, we have approximately 220 people who attend on Sunday morning.
- What type of preaching will I hear? -Preaching is the center of the worship service. Our pastor preaches topically on Sunday morning, but verse by verse on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
- Do you have a teen program? - We offer a program especially for teenagers, with a youth director on staff. We offer Sunday School classes for teenagers, as well as activities through the week.
- How long has you church existed? - Our church was started in 1877.
- Who leads the church? - While we believe that the church itself is the final authority in all matters of church government, we realize God has given us a pastor to lead us. He is assisted by the deacons of the church.